The Town of Mount Gilead, NC (pop 1,180) is seeking a:
Police Officer – Patrol
Qualified applicants will possess, at a minimum, all of the following:
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Successful completion of a North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training course
- Possess a current certification with the NC Criminal Justice Training and Standards Division
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation, interview process and a physical and psychological examination.
- Minimum of a High School graduate or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) program
A competitive municipal benefits package including: health and dental insurance, retirement, accrued sick time, accrued vacation time, paid holidays, uniforms and duty equipment provided.
Experienced, lateral transfers are preferred candidates, but inexperienced candidates will be considered for the position.
The Town of Mount Gilead is committed to providing a work force that is reflective of the diversity of our population. Qualified candidates from all walks of life are encouraged to apply for this position. This position will remain open until filled.
Please complete all three documents and mail or email to the address below.
Send the completed packet to:
Town of Mount Gilead, Attn: Police Officer Position
P.O. Box 325
Mount Gilead, NC 27306